Lim Ziyu
Home Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Dayre
Edward's 21st posted at 10:28 AM

First and foremost, I'd like to give myself a pat on my back HAHHA
That's because Edward said that my planning for his birthday was almost perfect (not perfect because there's always room for improvements + the weather was almost a bitch but it got tamed after awhile)

+ idk why but I felt like every year, we'd argue on his birthday. Because he's such a nerd and that's exam period so celebrate/don't celebrate blah blah and you can guess the story... BUT WELL, this year there ain't no school, we are both unemployed (as of now), no weird shiz and YES just us and our carefree days before he had to enlist on the 6th HAHA

So, here it goes!
-

I finally booked the Siloso Beach Resort's Roof Garden Suite after much contemplation because I was super duper broke... I still did because I knew it's going to be worth the stay :')

And I had a super busy day on the 3rd because I met Carmen and co for her birthday lunch, and then I had to go home to grab my clothes and whatever I've prepared for Ed's bday, and then check-in to the hotel to put things in place, before going over to meet his family for dinner.

& phew all was well and I managed to make it for all events on time!
& so here are the pictures of the room we stayed in.



& because I was rushing like a mad person, I did not realize that the cake I bought was slanted and quite smashed HAHA oh well. I still tried though... I'm usually really meticulous about things like that but I was probably carrying too many things that I didn't expect the cake to go out of shape HAHA


& sometimes I find it a bit sweet but at the same time a bit scary because we both think so alike. EVEN AT BUYING A CAKE HAHA. He got his family to buy the Rive Gauche's Guanaja, which was the one I accidentally spoiled the look HAHA so it's ok at least he got the good-looking one at dinner hahahha


& because he's about to enlist, I really have NO IDEA what to get him for his present. (+ he's so picky haha) so I did some handmade / more of the effort type of gifts, but not too much because he's so materialistic tsk tsk OK SLIGHTLY OFF POINT but ok yes anyway I did the Oreo Crème Pie and because that freezer within the mini bar fridge is the hotel room is not strong enough, my tart went a little nua because it was supposed to be consumed right after we remove from the fridge. But I'm so touched that despite the tart not being tart enough, Ed still finished the entire thing... ^_^


& yes I brought beers as well. So at 12 midnight, we left our phones (modern distractions hahaha) downstairs and went up to the roof garden to soak in the bathtub with hydrotherapy bubbles, drink our beers and enjoy the scenic night view.


& I'm quite happy that their breakfast buffet restaurant hires people with special needs! Like.....I love to see social enterprises helping the needy. At least they won't abandon themselves to despair or what not :)

BUT...absolutely disappointed with the variety of food... there's just that 4 selections, pancakes, bread and eggs...It's like...FOUR? F-O-U-R FOUR?


& I said the weather was almost a bitch because IT RAINED. Like really rained. Not just drizzling. IT FREAKING RAINED. Scared the shit out of me. Luckily it was just a 15mins apocalypse-like sort of dark stormy rain aaaaaaaaaand it's gone. Hahah.

So we went to adventure cove and yes here's of course, the mandatory picture at the entrance,


I've been to adventure cove before during Fel's birthday last year, I kinda had a kick of everything and I just thought like maybe it's a good day to bring Ed there (Monday .: lesser crowd) so there we went! And wow he had so much fun that he didn't want to leave HAHA.


We had a reservation for dinner at Hai Di Lao and I heard and read reviews that it's super hard to get them to answer a call because it's really soooo good and busy. And indeed, I called like SO MANY TIMES and finally managed to book... Edward was so into the fun and thrill but in order not to miss the dinner reservation, we almost wanted to forgo on the MOST exciting ride which we had to queue 1 hour for... But then again it'd be such a waste if we don't go for Hai Di Lao right...




SO WE WENT FOR BOTH THE RIDE AND HAI DI LAO IN THE END! HAHA. We were thinking like if we miss the dinner then miss lorrrrrrrrr what to do. we can always go for it any other time but the ride is like there and we have to pay again to enter and play?!

So we just played that, washed up, and headed to 313. We were an hour later than our reservation, but when we reached, the hostess was nice enough to still issue me a waiting slip! So while waiting, we just shopped and then went on to their waiting area.

They had fruits, popcorn, and tea (all free flow) for customers to enjoy before entering the restaurant for the real deal. What's more, THEY HAVE MANICURE SERVICES TOO.



The service was so good and the waitstaffs were so attentive to all our needs. & to the La Myun master, GREAT DANCING HAHA he's really like dancing, not just pulling that flour into noodles. SO LIHAI



& so, that concludes the 2D1.5N I've prepared for Edward's 21st!

Hope I've given anyone / someone new inspirations or ideas or what not HAHA there are more birthday parties and celebrations that I have to plan in the coming months! Let's see if I have anything fresh from my head. HAHAHAH actually...maybe I should consider opening an agency to provide creative solutions huh...always have to help my friends with surprises and birthday planning aiyo...HAHA OKTHXBAI

Labels: , , , ,

Lim Ziyu


Dance // Sing // Travel
Influences
Host: Ellen DeGeneres
Music: Beyoncé
Model: Miranda Kerr / Tyra Banks
YouTuber: Ryan Higa / Jayesslee
Fav people









Credits
Layout and header image by mymostloved with base image, brushes and background.